Sunday 18 March 2007

Pet Megamart

Remember the Pet Megamart that kept advertising on TV a while ago? I went to Ikea at Tampines today so I thought I'd just pop by since it is so near. There were many cars parked there. Outside there, we could see many dogs undergoing obedience training and also some kinda obstacle competition. Thank God we did not bring Pebble there (I actually asked BB if he wanted to!). I've never seen that many dogs around. The most frightening being a bull terrier. It's name is "Ah Bui" and it was in the obstacle course competiton. However, being a guard dog, Ah Bui did not do so well. It was unable to jump the hurdle like most dogs and had to be carried over. Its owner, a young boy. lol

There is also a swimming pool for doggies and a lawn where dog owners walk their dogs and talk to other dog owners. There were a number of huskies. I was wearing a tank top and shorts and was soaked to the skin. Can You imagine the huskies, weaing their beautiful fur coats? What kinda people who call themselves dog lovers would subject the huskies to our harsh climate? BB said.

Well, the MEGAMART did not impress me much. It was so damn hot (no air con) and there were not many brands of food to choose from. Also, most of the stuff were for dogs and me having a cat at home did not even have a choice of cat's tidbits. I got something from IKEA for Pebble but not at PET MEGAMART?

IAMS and EUKANUBA were also having a promotion. Wonder if it has anything to do with the recent withdrawal of their products from pet shops.

In summary, where's the market for cats? I feel so left out!

No comments: