Sunday 25 March 2007

Confession

Confession has never been my favorite activity. Father once told us that long ago, there was a man who came into the confession box. He spoke in Teochew.

Father: Le wu si me zui? (What are your sins?)
Man : Wo bor zui. (I've no sin)
Father : Le urm si zui nang, le zhor ni oi lai? (If you are not a sinner, why are you here?)
Man: wo um si zui nang. Wo si Teochew nang! (I'm not a sinner, I'm a Teochew!)

Lol



Online confessions for lazy Catholics

A Polish man is in trouble for offering an online confessional for Catholics who can't be bothered with church.

Borys Cezar, 37, set up the website which welcomed visitors with the words: "Welcome to the virtual confessional."

It continued: "Now write down your sins against Lord God. Do you regret your sins?" (yes/no) Do you intend to correct them? (yes/no); now click on next.

"We are connecting you with the Lord God, please wait... Your sins are being transferred, please wait... Congratulations, your sins have been forgiven."

Cezar is facing a heavy fine or jail for offending religious feelings and his website has been closed down.

He said: "I'm a Catholic myself. I go to confession like anyone else. I didn't want to offend anyone."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2239289.html?menu=news.quirkies.strangecrime



No comments: