Friday 23 March 2007

Friends

I often wonder how many of my friends truly care enough to attend my funeral to mourn me if I happen to kick the bucket. I always wonder if any of my friends care enough to visit me in the hospital if I were dying. Well, my best friend offered assurance that he'll be there. lol. This man below was way advance!

Bosnian angry with 'funeral' no show

A Bosnian man has written to all his friends to complain after only his elderly mum turned up for his funeral.

Amir Vehabovic, 45, faked his own death just to see how many people would attend.

He then watched from the bushes as only his elderly mum turned up for the burial in the north Bosnian town of Gradiska.

In the letter to the 45 people he invited to the burial he said: "I paid a lot of money to get a fake death certificate and bribe undertakers to deliver an empty coffin.

"I really thought a lot more of you, my so-called friends, would turn up to pay their last respects. It just goes to show who you can really count on."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2248609.html?menu=news.quirkies.badtaste



3 comments:

JaNjAn said...

hi finally get to drop by....

Singapore Community Cat said...

Perhaps if he has dropped conditions for friendship such as "I expect who and who to attend my funeral", more people would have turned up?
It has been said that true friendship is reflected in how many people turn up at one's funeral but if one outlives all true friends, one still die alone. Perhaps if we learn to die alone, then we will never be disappointed? Some meditators say that the breath is one's companion at dying. Perhaps we can start now as truly the breath will accompany us to our last.

Profpig ^@^ said...

Come to think of it, it's true. Very true.

I had a very rich great grand aunt who passed away years ago. During her funeral, all her friends whom were seldom seen were commenting that the family should have done this and that and the funeral was too simple.

To put it in simple terms, what's the use of a grand funeral with a million attending when friends are hardly around when one's alive?