Friday 10 April 2009

Lord have mercy

I was talking to Jia that day about A's wife who passed away in labour due to some very rare complication. A's wife had been his goddess. I mean that literally. He worshipped the ground that she walked on and he had loved telling anyone who would listen to him about how they met and everything. In short, he was a loving husband and a great father (Not a very good boss cos a bit loh soh). All of us envied their loving relationship.

Jia told me that there has been spculations by the very staunch Christians that A's wife was taken away from him becos she was a threat to the affection that A had for the Lord (They are devoted Christians). They said that this is the Lord's test that A has to go through. It was like when Abraham had to sacrifice his son.

I do not want to think of the Lord this way (I think that's quite myopic). I believe that the Lord will not be so cruel to take away A's wife because he feels threatened. Today is Good Friday. The Lord sent his son to be sacrificed for our sins. I believe that the Lord has greater plans for A and for us.

No comments: