Thursday 1 January 2009

Looking Back

2008 had been, well, how do I put it? I have grown stronger this year in terms of work definitely (I do not have anyone to cry to when I go home even when I am bullied to the extreme) but my romantic box is still as tightly sealed. Jan and I were talking about it just now, we simply do not want to be hurt anytime sooner.

Admittedly, Cupid might have shot some arrows my way but it sort of just grazed my skin. None of them really sustained my interest. Many of them could not match my level of wits or are just too shy. I'm not trying to say I am very intelligent but as one of my friends put it, I am quite a "fountain of useless information".

How do you go about explaining 8 years of failed relationship to another person? Many of you have stood by me all these years and saw how it died a natural death. Do not get me wrong. I am not bitter about it. In fact, I have learnt so much about myself and what others expect of me. I have grown to be a "fountain of useless information" because of him, if it were not for him, I may still be very ignorant. Yes, I am only as smart as my boyfriends.

No comments: