Sunday 28 January 2007

Friend

My grandpa has a friend who never takes a bus and walks everywhere he goes. He is a stubborn man and he never takes food or drinks from anyone.

He must be in his late 70s. He has never been to our place since we moved and has no idea where we stay except for the neighbourhood in general. Somehow, he managed to end up downstairs our pace. How can he, a frail old man who can barely walk 3 steps walk all the way from his home to our home? Almost 5 km!

We invited him in but he refused. I walked him to the stone bench with my grandpa and offered him a hot drink and some food. My uncle offered him a cigarette. Being the proud man, he refused. We offered to call his family to pick him up or send him home in a cab but he did not want to go home. Finally, my father came home and sent him back.

My grandma said that because he was such a chauvinistic man, his wife refuses to take care of him in his old age. I'm so glad he found his way to a friend.

No comments: